Committed to making customers' journeys better

Our vision is clear: To be first choice for customers' life on the move

This is an exciting time to be part of Halfords.

We have a clear strategic plan aimed at driving sustainable long-term growth, delivered by engaged and talented colleagues.

We have made great progress against our 'Moving Up a Gear' strategy

with increased customer insight driving sustained growth in service-related sales.

Introduction to Halfords

For 125 years Halfords has been synonymous with travel.

Halfords is the UK's leading retailer of motoring, cycling and leisure products and through Halfords Autocentres, is also one of the UK's leading independent operators in vehicle servicing, maintenance and repairs.

Group Highlights

Financial Highlights





Underlying profit before tax*




Profit before tax, after non-recurring items



Profit before tax

Dividend per ordinary share



Dividend per ordinary share

Underlying basic earnings per share*



Underlying basic earnings per share

Earnings per share, after non-recurring items



Earnings per share

Read more

Operational Highlights


Proportion of Retail sales matched to customers


Service-related sales growth

Market share gains in the year in both Motoring and Cycling


Total Group online sales growth**


Net Debt to Underlying EBITDA ratio

Complementary M&A and investments across both of our key markets

Read more

Our Integrated Report

This is our fourth integrated report and is designed to provide a concise overview of how we generate value for all stakeholders.

By following an integrated reporting model, we aim to show how our competitive advantage is sustainable in the short, medium, and long term. While this report focuses on value generation for our shareholders, it also demonstrates how we interact with all of our stakeholders.

Read more

Chairman's Statement

We believe that excellent progress has been made across each of the five key pillars that underpin the strategy.
Read more

Chief Executive's Statement

The underlying business performance is strong and we remain confident in the long-term prospects for the Group.
Read more

Our Strategy

In November 2015 we launched the Moving Up a Gear strategy

This strategy is an evolution from the previous Getting Into Gear strategy and comprises five pillars.

Putting Customers in the Driving Seat

Service in Our DNA

Building on Our Uniqueness

Better Shopping Experience

Fit for Future Infrastructure

Read more

Our Marketplace

Halfords principally operates in two broad markets: Motoring and Cycling. Around 70% of Group sales are generated from products and services that are principally Motoring related with the remaining 30% coming from Cycling.

Read more

Our Business Model

Our integrated approach to sustainability keeps economic, social and environmental considerations in mind, as well as the material issues of our stakeholder groups to inform our model and operations.

Read more

Corporate Social Responsibility

Our Corporate Social Responsibility strategy centres on four key areas: Colleagues, Community, Environmental Management and Responsible Trading.

Read more

Our Principal Risks and Uncertainties

The Board considers risk assessment, identification of mitigating actions and internal control to be fundamental to achieving Halfords' strategic corporate objectives.

Read more